January 30, 2012

Liquid Snot

Nellie and I have been faithfully following a eating plan.  It is dissected right down to the last fat gram, calorie, and gram of fiber that we should intake in order to be losing weight successfully.  Yesterday, I tried making yogurt for the first time.  The directions seemed simple enough. I put all the ingredients together, or so I thought, and turned on the ole slow cooker to get things started.  Now, making yogurt is not a quick process.  There are a few steps, and the overall cook/setting up time is lasts for HOURS.  Last night, after  waiting all these hours, I opened my cupboard took out all my small portions pyrex to divide up this yogurt goodness. I opened the lid to the crock pot, what did I see?  SNOT, nothing but liquid SNOT.  How could I have missed out on one of the THREE ingredients listed on the recipe?  SERIOUSLY?? The pictures on the internet show this almost ice cream looking deliciousness... and I get SNOT!  DAMN!  It screwed up my entire morning eating plan!  Next time, READ the ingredients more carefully.  So tonight I get to try and conquer the yogurt challenge once again!!

No comments: