February 21, 2012

Haley and the "Health o Meter"

Let me introduce you all to my best friend, Health o Meter.  He is my scale.  He is the only thing right now that consistently sees me in the nude, and monitors my weight.  We have been through many ups and downs together.  He has NEVER let me down.... until this last week. 

I have to admit, this last week was an all time LOW in my weightloss.  First of all, if any of you know me well, strange things happen to me and this precious body of mine.  Things that people would NEVER really believe could or actually would happen to anyone, ALWAYS happen to me.  The first few weeks of this weightloss compeition started out AMAZING.  I was working out, eating right and losing weight.  Everything equaled out.  Less calories + more exercise = weightloss.  Perfect.  Until Monday happened.  I greeted my best friend, the scale,  aka the "health o meter"at an early morning hour.  + 6 WHAT THE HELL?? Had my Health o Meter betryaed me?  Did he need new batteries? Was it time to get a new best friend?   How can anyone gain 6lbs OVERNIGHT, well friends, I CAN!  I cussed the scale, kicked it, and went on with my day.  I thought that surely I was carrying water weight and that by morning it would be off no problem.  However, my Fat Five Friends, I am here to tell you that it DIDN'T go away the next day.  I gained a total of 16 FAT POUNDS before my body FINALLY let them go. I weighed myself on two other scales, and they all weighed me the very same.  The Health o Meter was not lying. :(  Last week was a waste of my life.  I spent most of the week gaining weight and being a hypocondric convincing myself that I HAD to have some sort of disease because, lets be honest, who else can gain and lose 16lbs in a week?    However, today I am here to tell you that I am back in the saddle!   I do NOT have any strange disease.... and hopefully this week will be a week of LOSING and NOT GAINING!  Go fat five!!!  I hope you have all had a far more successful week than I did!

No comments: