February 22, 2012

Zen Your Way Thin

I have also recently had a disturbing weight loss trend.  Each day I am up 2-3 lbs from the previous day, but my pants are fitting MUCH better - almost not gut-wrenchingly tight!  So this morning after being at the gym at the wee small hour of 5 bells and after climbing the equivalent of 150 flights (or over 3 miles worth) of stairs I went home and snuck in a weigh in to see if all had been corrected in my world.  UP ANOTHER 2 BLEEPING-BLEEP LBS! 

I was so angry that when my darling Penny-Lane greeted me out of her kennel I sternly put her directly outside with her kibble.  No happy words, no throwing of the ball/rope, no walk around the neighborhood.  She sat there with her head-bowed and her shoulders schlumped over looking at me through my sliding door as I ate my breakfast.  Now that I am work I am SOOOO sad!  I am almost crying... The only thing keeping me from rushing home to give her great big hug is the knowledge that as I was leaving for work I saw her digging up rocks in the garden and throwing them to herself happily.  My poor puppy was the brunt of my weight gain frustration. 


As I was driving to work, I remembered the previous 3 weeks bliss.  I was happy, feeling healthy, not frustrated, satisfied by my portions and the weight was melting off.  I have decided that the anger/frustration/stress block that I have put on myself is the cause of my recent woes.  So I am sitting at my desk doing my yoga breathing trying to bring the peaceful feeling of health and happiness back to my body and soul. I have decided to Zen my way thin.  Doing battle with myself does not make me happy and only makes me resentful to my efforts towards health. 

1 comment:

Ashley Rae said...

Hello there. Don't mind me, I'm just a random blog stalker. (A non-creepy one.) :)

I had this SAME problem last year. I signed up for a boot camp, and I worked my A** off and lost a few pounds in the first week or 2, but then the weight started piling up. And I cursed the scale (and my boot camp instructor). Luckily, I am here to tell you that it is seriously all muscle weight. Especially if your pants are fitting better (and if you're exercising and eating right). After a few more weeks (maybe months), the weight will drop off and all will be well, I promise. But yeah. Hella frustrating in the beginning, for sure. Good luck with the competition!