February 22, 2012

Zumba

I'd like to bear my testimony of Zumba. I said in my interview a few weeks ago that I was planning on making several Wii games my workout plan, and I've been super impressed with one of them. Zumba for the Wii is amazing. You place the remote in a special belt, then fasten that belt around your hips and rock out for 45 minutes and sweat right to death. It's gets you movin' and a groovin', and I can feel a whole lot of good coming from it; more than just weight loss, but I'm loosening up my back, so I'm not having as much back pain.

Like most games, you start out with the basics and work your way up, unlocking level after level of more intense Zumba workouts until you finally unlock the crowning jewel: the Zumbathon. It is a 60 minute workout of death, featuring all the hardcore dances from the previous workouts. I unlocked the Zumbathon just last night, and Hoover and I are gonna do it on Friday, and hopefully we will survive. And we feel pretty proud and intense about it. We feel that most things are a big deal if they end with -athon, so the Zumbathon had better not disappoint.


1 comment:

Haley said...

I would like to add my testimony of Zumba to Worms. AMEN