February 28, 2012

Bare Knuckle Fighting the Devil


This is my THIRD attempt to post menus, recipes, nutritional info and pictures, but I have decided that el diablo (i.e. the devil, i.e. blogspot) does not want it to be.  I have battled this demon for the majority of the morning.  I have finally been beaten into submission and acknowledge that I shall only post the photos.  If you are interested in the full menu plan, complete with recipes and nutritional info I would be happy to send it to you.  Just drop me an email at davis_high@hotmail.com -  and we shall just leave the devil out of it.

I have been on SEVERAL diet plans in my life and I HATE them all!  This time around, I have decided to learn from my sisters' example.  They all eat normal and delicious food.  The food is homemade, well-prepared, nutritionally-balanced, and eaten in moderation with their families.  They do not prepare themselves something strange in the name of a diet - they eat what their families eat.  Real Food for Real People. I have really been loving it.  I do not feel deprived in any way.

FYI - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner = approx. 400 cal per meal, Snacks = approx. 150 cal per snack



Chicken Parmesan Ziti - Dinner (week 1/28)

Steak Fajitas - Dinner (week 2/5)

Steak Fajitas - Dinner (week 2/5)

Steak Fajitas - Dinner (week 2/5)

Homemade Yogurt (with Apricot Jam, Craisins, and Grapenuts) and English Muffin with Honey - Breakfast (week 2/5)

Strawberries dipped in Chocolate Pudding - Snack (week 2/12)

Vegetable Beef Soup with Crackers - Lunch (week 2/12)

Scrambled Eggs with Hashbrowns Smothered in Green Chili and Cheese with 1/2 a Grapefruit - Breakfast (week 2/12)

Fat Tuesday Jambalaya - Lunch (week 2/19)

White Chili with Pico and Baci Roll - Lunch (week 2/26)

French Toast with Ebelskiver (caramel) Syrup and Fresh Berries - Breakfast (week 2/26)

Cremini Mushroom and Swiss Stuffed Chicken with Rice Pilaf and Asparagus - Dinner (week 2/26)
TAKE THAT DEVIL!  I SPIT IN YOUR EYE!


2 comments:

Genny said...

Delicious! I would love the white chili recipe.

Cass said...

Um yes please! They all look delicious!